Orient Occident is an importer and wholesaler of interior textiles and floor coverings and is one of the market leaders in Finland.
We are marketing high class products and are known among our suppliers for our stable economy and top service. We have developed several unique service concepts like lifecycle management, technical design service and maintenance service consultation.
Orient Occident was founded early 1919 and is still family owned. The company is based in Espoo - a 25 minutes drive from the center of Helsinki. We have own facilities, comprising of offices and a warehouse of approx. 6000 m2. Our turnover is 14 Million Euros and we have 40 employees.
Our product ranges consist of:
- Carpets, carpet tiles and rugs
- Laminates and parquets
- Vinyl flooring
- Upholstery fabrics and accessories
- Curtain and bedspread fabrics and accessories
We have a well-organized distributor and contract customer network, which covers the whole country.
Our main customer groups are:
- Architects, interior architects and interior designers
- Contract market decision makers
- Flooring contractors and building companies
- Hotel and restaurant chains
- The public sector (cities, communes etc.)
- The upholstering industry (Finland and Estonia)
- Individual upholsterers
- Furniture retail chains
- Interior decoration shops and textile fabric retailers
- Carpet and paint shops
- Iron mongers chain
Orient Occident is the Finnish member of the Homedecor International Group, embracing altogerher 17 members in Europe, Japan and in the U.S.A.
Orient Occident commits to ethical and responsible conduct in business. We are a participant in the United Nations Global Compact, the largest corporate responsibility initiative in the world, with 10 000 signatories based in 160 countries.
Orient Occident is a supporting member of Finnish Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate.